Another post that was long overdue…. but incredible that I happened to post this on St.Patrick’s Day!! Saw a lot of green & white on my FB timeline while I was going over my archive. 😛
I’m going to skip the story on this one and head right into the recipe.
This one happened only because of the black radish I got from the farms of First Agro Sakura Fresh.
Gorgeous black & white beauty …some complementing greens to go with…balancing the contrast with some subtle beige and some more whites thrown in …. you get yourself a beautiful looking , quick hearty salad …..that almost looks like a St.patty’s day salad 😛
The spice of the harissa goes perfectly well with elements of this salad. Feel free to tone it down with a squeeze of lime or by blending it with yogurt.
I just mixed it with some olive oil and a dash of vinegar ..and that was my dressing.
The flavour profile – the blend of spice & pungency & zesty because of the presence of radish , goat cheese, chickpeas, harissa , vinegar, helps bring out the mediterranean feel of it.
Recipe – Earthy Mediterranean Salad
- Radish – 2 small to medium size black radish ( feel free to replace with regular white /red)
- Boiled chickpeas -3/4 cup
- Steamed Broccoli Florets – 3/4 cup
- Spinach – roughly chopped – 1/2 cup
- Goat cheese ( as much as you like)
- Fresh coriander – a handful
For the dressing –
- Harissa sauce ( store bought ) – 2 tablespoon appox.
- Olive oil – 1 -2 tsp
- White vinegar – 2 tsp
- Make the harissa dressing by mixing the harissa sauce + olive oil + white vinegar in a bowl. Keep aside for later.
- Slice the radish the way you’d like to. Keep aside.
- Roughly chop the spinach and coriander …keep aside
- Assemble the salad by tossing all the ingredients together.
- Drizzle the dressing and toss well. Or serve it on the side.
- Note – Feel free to tone the spice level down with a squeeze of lime or by blending it with yogurt.