” Distances doesn’t matter when two hearts are loyal to each other…”
Yes, I’ve been away again. Did not plan a break, but it just happened. And then I wanted to take some time off till I was really ready. The last couple of months have been ridiculously busy and packed. I didn’t want to start and stop again. I don’t like that. So I thought It would be better to take my time , and resume when I truly can. This is my personal space that I share with you all, and It gives the freedom to do things the way I intend to, the way I can.
I do want to thank some of my lovely readers and friends who wrote in to check on me during this blog-break. You know who you are and I love you!
So 2 months … let me try to fill you in on what I’ve been up to. This post is just that. A post to give you a water cooler lowdown on what has been happening in my life, some quick highlights and a glimpse of what I had been cooking ( Although some of you may be aware because you may be connected with me on FB or Instagram. )
WIll try hard to share the highlights in a chronological order of events…however, I might just drop the order in between. Bear with me though 😛 —–
- My last post of was the simple classic breakfast with the oozy egg yolk! Click here if you’d like to check it out.
- The break happened to be in a very strategic eventful period – Husband’s birthday ( okay, it was in Oct and not exactly during the break. But the post is long overdue) , Our Anniversary ( In Nov…again, a long overdue post) , Ringing in 2016 & my Birthday, a Family reunion of sorts.
- On the professional side – got busy. Feeling grateful for the multiple recipe testing sessions, recipe writing, training , Trials , Photo assignments that kept me busy.
- A couple of features – Newspaper and social media. Again, feeling grateful for the opportunities.
- Eggs – Of Course I love eggs, but also did some quirky stuff with my muse.
- My love for dark and moody was always evident – but loving the new faded, moody with high contrast style of photography. Plenty coming your way!
- Got my new 100mm Lens – Yay!
- Seriously mulling over migrating from WordPress to Cucumbertown – a platform meant for Food Blogging.
- Organized my computer – cleared some old stuff , got rid of the unwanted things to make space for new. Psst! looking to upgrade my laptop with a new one. A Mac is in the talks, let’s see. 😛
- DIY boards and backgrounds . Yes, indulged in things that make me happy.
- Crockery Shopping – Two words that light up my eyes. Shopped for some and some came in a gifts from some wonderful people I call friends.
- Discovered my love for photographing people, but not in a very planned studio portraits but a certain special, sort of raw, intimate and candid kind. I will open up about that in posts to come.
- More recently – did my most bold and daringly honest food shoot ever. “Bold and Daring” you ask? Well, there is a reason why used these 2 words. You’ll see when you’ll see it. Stay tuned, for it is still under wraps! 🙂
- Finally, turns out a photo of mine has stolen by a Tourism website from another continent. Hmmm.. so does that mean I have arrived on the global map? 😛
- A couple of totally unnecessary pieces of info :
- Shopped from Zara ( for the first time ,yes 😦 ) and I’m totally hooked now. Wonder why I never stepped into Zara before! Love at first sight.
- Took out my stilettos after a year and half – finally!! They were tucked away due to the ACL operation I had about a 2 years ago. Was nervous to walk in them until now. They are out and here to stay. ❤
- My 1.5 year old nephew is obsessed with all things in the kitchen. Loves to hang out in the kitchen. And I am secretly happy about that. And oh yeah, I introduced him to ice cream and he loves it. Yay!
Like I mentioned , this post is a post is a like a prelude for the flurry of posts that is going to come your way now. All posts may not have a stories in them, some may just be photos with recipes.I do not intend to keep a backlog anymore. I am hoping to do 1-2 posts a day – Let’s see how I pull this off!
All the images seen in the collages above will have a dedicated post. I hope you are ready 😛
P.S – Feels great to be back!!! Much love ❤