This brownie was never meant to be!
If it weren’t for my sister’s demands and emotional threats I wouldn’t have made this… but I’m so glad I did 🙂
Brownies are super easy to make , and this one is no exception. Only difference here being the use of Finger Millet (ragi) and whole wheat along with the regular all purpose flour. Deliciously dark, soft and fudgy… this one is definite winner!
Recipe : Cocoa & Finger Millet Brownies
- 80gms flour mix ( I did – 40gms Finger Millet (ragi) + 30 gms Whole Wheat Flour + 10gms All purpose / plain flour)
- You can just do a regular flour, if you are in no mood for other flours
- Alternatively, You can totally skip all purpose flour and just use other flours if you wish… although I’m not sure what effect will it have on the texture- because I’ve never done that…. but if you are willing to experiment, go right ahead- and let me know!
- 80 gms butter
- 3/4 cup brown sugar ( or as per your liking)
- 80gms Cocoa + Choco mix ( I did – 50 gms dark cocoa powder + 30gms melted chocolate)
- Alternatively, you can either use 80 gms of only chocolate or only cocoa
- 1-2 tsp vanilla essence/ extract
- 3 medium eggs
- Almond Flakes / other nuts (optional)
- Optional – Use 1/4 cup milk in case your batter is too thick / dry.
- In a saucepan – add butter, brown sugar & cocoa/chocolate mix. Put it on heat and let them all melt and become like a thick dark molten lava like consistency
- Take if off the heat and let it cool off a bit
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees and keep your brownie tray greased and ready
- Meanwhile sift in the flour mix and keep ready
- In a mixing bowl – transfer the cocoa butter mix , add 3 eggs ( one at a time) and whisk well gently.
- Add the flour to the cocoa butter mix
- Add milk if necessary
- Add vanilla extract
- Pour the batter in the greased brownie tray and sprinkle almond flakes on top. You can use any other nuts or bake them without any.
- Bake the brownies for 30-35 minutes – check for doneness
- Remove it from the oven and cut in any shape you want
- Serve warm, in room temperature or with ice cream or have it just by itself!