Healthy & light whole wheat apple muffins with a crumbly oats streusel cinnamon topping.
- 2 cup whole wheat flour
- 2 de-skinned and chopped red apples
- 1/2 cup softened butter
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 1 tsp cinnamon powder & ¼ tsp. nutmeg
- 1/2 cup cold milk
- OatsStreusel Topping:
- 3-4 tbsp sugar crystals
- 1 tbsp roasted whole oats
- ¼ tsp cinnamon powder
- 1 tbsp soften butter
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees.
- Grease a muffin mold (place liners) and keep aside
- Sift together flour, baking soda & powder, salt, nutmeg, and cinnamon and set aside.
- In a separate large bowl, beat together butter, sugar, eggs, milk and vanilla until smooth.
- To the wet mix – add the dry flour mix
- Add the chopped apples
- In a separate bowl, make a streusel mix – mix the roasted oats, butter, cinnamon , sugar
- Spoon in the muffin batter into the ready molds and scoop streusel crumble over the batter in the molds
- Bake at 180 degrees for about 25-30 mins and check for doneness
- Cool it before serving or dig right in , if you hate waiting !!