Delicious , oven roasted spiced turnips … flavourful, delightful comfort food and an absolute crowd-pleaser!
- Peeled and washed turnips – cut in cubes
- 3-4 cloves of garlic
- 2-4 tbsp mustard oil
- Dry spice mix – red chilli powder, crushed black pepper, chaat masala, tandoori spice powder
- Salt for seasoning
- Fresh coriander
- Heat oven to 200C/180C
- In a baking tray – place the cubed turnips, garlic, Gently massage them with the oil and dry spice mix – season them.
- Pop them in the oven for about 40- 50 mins
- When done, remove from the oven
- Garnish it with fresh coriander and serve hot.
Recipe for the Garlic mint Yogurt Dip
- 1 cup curd / yogurt
- 2 cloves of garlic –minced
- Salt & black pepper
- Drizzle of mustard oil
- Fresh mint
- Dry red chilli flakes
- Optional – A little chive (fresh/dried)
- Whisk in all the other ingredients with the yogurt
- Drizzle some mustard oil and garnish with some fresh mint, red chilli flakes and serve!