Humble yet dreamy fruit pie…. I wanted to show that crust some love, so crowned it faux lattice. Rustic crust filled juicy goodness of stone fruits compote
- Mixed set of cut fruits – apples, pears, plums
- Left over Scarlett Poached plums syrup
- Vanilla essence
- orange zest
- 1 tsp dry ginger powder
Directions for the fruit compote filling
- Take a pan and add the cut fruits, pour the syrup, vanilla essence, orange zest and dry ginger powder. Gently squish them with a back of your laddle.
- Put it on heat and gently bring to a bubble – or the syrup reduces
- Take it off the heat… bring it to room temperature
For the short crust party dough …. Basic Shortcrust Pastry Base http://wp.me/p1FGtT-56
Direction for the pie
- I used a 6 inches pie mold ( you’ll be left with some extra dough – you can either keep it for later or make another small pie)
- Roll the pie dough – place it in the mold
- With some extra dough – roll out and make thin strips for the lattice
- Give it an egg wash
- Pre heat the oven @ 200 degrees
- Blind bake the pie for 10-12 minutes and rest it for some time
- Scoop in all of the fruits compote
- Place the strips for dough carefully on the filled pie – end to end on one side and do the same over lapping the first set – end to end. This will create a faux lattice.
- Give the lattice an egg wash
- Sprinkle some sugar on the lattice
- Place the pie in the oven – bake it at 180 degrees for about 30 minutes
- Check for doneness – the pie should be golden brown and sugar sprinkled on top should be browned.
- Remove from the oven and let it rest.