The evergreen classic pizza margherita …
- 2 medium size tomatoes -chopped
- 4-5 garlic pods
- 1-2 tbsp sugar
- 2 tsp salt ( or to taste)
- olive oil
- fresh basil ( or dry will also do)
- fresh oregano ( or dry will also do)
- black pepper and pinch of paprika
- 1 freshly pureed tomato
- Mozzarella cheese
- Fresh basil
- For the pizza dough – Basic Pizza Dough http://wp.me/p1FGtT-5a
- Tomato sauce – In a pan – add olive oil, chopped tomatoes, salt, sugar, pepper and paprika , and roughly pinch basil and oregano. Let it simmer a little and add the freshly pureed tomato. Continue to simmer , let it bubble and reduce.
- Pre heat the oven at 200 degrees
- Roll out the pizza dough to your desired size
- sprinkle some semolina flour on the pizza baking tray/stone – carefully place the tolled pizza dough on it.
- Smear some tomato sauce on it – add cheese and throw in some fresh basil – season it with pepper and drizzle some olive oil
- bake this pizza at about 180 degrees for about 15- 20 minutes in a pre-heated oven
- check for doneness and the pizza is ready to be served!