Basic pizza dough with yeast.
This can be chilled and stored for upto 7 days in the fridge.
This dough yields two 8-9 inches thin crust pizza OR 1 regular crust 9 inches along with 6 inches thin crust pizza
- 500 gms flour or plain flour, plus extra for dusting ( You can use Whole Wheat Flour as well …either 50:50 or 80:20 ratio)
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp castor sugar
- 1 tsp dried yeast ( 3/4 tsp fresh yeast)
- 300 ml warm-lukewarm water (50-100 ml on standby)
- 2-3 tsp olive oil
- 2-3 tsp semolina for dusting ( for dusting the pizza tray/stone before the rolled pizza is place on it and baked)
1. Dry yeast – Sprinkle the dry yeast and sugar over the warm water. Let stand until the yeast is cloudy and frothy. Stir to make sure the yeast has completely dissolved.
(Fresh Yeast – Add the fresh yeast and sugar to the lukewarm water, mix well and leave it for a few minutes till it froths up)
2. Make a pile of the flour and salt and make a well in the center. Add the yeast mixture to the flour and stir until a soft dough formed.
3.Now place the dough onto a lightly floured surface and knead, adding more flour if necessary, until smooth and elastic.
4. Lightly grease a large bowl with olive oil and place the dough in that bowl. Keep it in warm place for about 1-2 hour …or till it rises ( or doubles the size)
5. It is ready to be rolled out into pizza! Or it can be stored and chilled for upto 3-4 days in fridge.