- 250 grams button mushrooms
- sliced onion – 2 small- medium size
- 3-5 pods of garlic – finely sliced
- 2- 3 tsp balsamic vinegar
- 2-3 tbsp brown sugar
- crushed black pepper
- 2-4 tsp butter
- olive oil
- 2 bay leaf
- Clean & wash the mushrooms and keep them ready
- In a pan – add some butter, olive oil, garlic, bay leaf and add the mushrooms (whole – do not cut them) and the sliced onion to it.
- Once the onion begin to soften, add 1-2 tsp brown sugar, 1 tsp of balsamic vinegar and some black pepper.
- Let it simmer till it caramelizes. (The longer you let it stay , it will caramelize better)
- This could take some time – maybe even 30 -40 mins
- Serve hot – as an accompliment to steaks, stuff it in a sandwich, top it on a bruschetta etc.
More clicks from the feast that the braised mushrooms were a part of – …..