We loved them so much that I made two batches of them back -to-back…and clicked them in two different styles.
- Small carrots cut half (length -wise) ( You can choose any root vegetable)
- 3-4 cloves of garlic
- 3-5 small onions
- 2-4 tbsp mustard oil (can use Olive oil too)
- Sprigs of fresh sage (can use any fresh herb)
- Crushed black pepper for seasoning
- Heat oven to 200C/180C
- In a baking tray – place the carrots, garlic, onions. Gently massage them with the oil and season them.
- Throw in the sprigs of herb
- Pop them in the oven for about 30-40 mins
- When done, remove the dried sprigs of herb and serve hot.
I served these hot beauties with some cool Tzatziki. I tried my hand at quenelling the tzatziki…and it was not too bad, if I can say so myself.
- 1 cup hung curd (Or use Greek yogurt)
- 2 cloves of garlic –minced
- 1 English cucumber (grated)
- 1 tbsp fresh dill
- Salt & black pepper
- Drizzle of olive oil
- Juice of half a lemon
- Fresh mint
- Optional – A little chive (fresh/dried)
- Place the grated cucumber in a bowl and sprinkle a tsp of salt. Let it sit till the water drains out of the cucumber. Take out the cucumber and squeeze out all the water. Transfer it to a fresh /different bowl.
- Whisk in all the other ingredients with the cucumber.
- Drizzle some more olive oil and garnish with some fresh dill & mint and serve!